Making Your Home Showtime Ready
The key to selling your home quickly and at the right price is in preparing it appropriately. I recommend starting to pack and put things away in boxes that can be stored in the garage or offsite. My rule of thumb is everything that you don’t have a use for in the next 90 days should be removed from the home unless it is something we are using for staging purposes.
Here are some other tips to help you get started.
- Give home a thorough cleaning
- Oil door hinges, tighten door knobs
- Have carpets professionally cleaned, or replaced if damaged
- Repair dripping faucets and leaky toilets
- Replace all burned out light bulbs and clean all light fixtures
- Repair defective light switches
- Get rid of clutter both inside and out
- Cut and edge grass
- Trim hedges and weed gardens
- Paint, fix or wash railings, steps, storm windows, screens and doors
- Clean out the gutters
- Wash the windows
- Tidy up the garage
- Paint, wash and fix garage doors and windows
- Touch up all interior paint
This is just the start of a general list. When I tour your home, I will provide you with a custom set of things to look at to give your home the polish and shine it needs to stand out in this market.